Sponsored Satellite Program: Optimizing Nutrition to Promote Healthy Aging
Sponsored By: Council for Responsible Nutrition
This session examines the science around healthy aging; nutritional and lifestyle impacts on lifespan and health span; and biomarkers associated with aging. Micro- and macronutrients that may influence the aging process will be explored.
This Sponsored Satellite Program was presented at NUTRITION 2020 LIVE ONLINE.
- Define healthy aging
- Identify biomarkers that are associated with aging
- Recognize micro- and macronutrients that may influence biological age
This Sponsored Satellite Program includes the following presentations:
- Defining Healthy Aging
- Biomarkers of Healthy Aging and Opportunities for Future Research
- Impact of Nutrition Interventions on Healthy Aging
- Development of Nicotinamide Riboside to Address Conditions of Metabolic Stress
- Panel Discussion
Chair: Simin N. Meydani, D.V.M., PhD – JM USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tuft University
Speaker: Peter Adams, PhD – Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute
Speaker: Raymond Yung, MD – University of Michigan
Speaker: Simin N. Meydani, D.V.M., PhD – JM USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tuft University
Speaker: Charles Brenner, PhD – University of Iowa
- 1.50 Attendance
Learners are eligible to download a Certificate of Attendance upon activity completion. A Certificate of Attendance confirms the learner has completed the activity and does not confer any continuing education credit to the learner from ASN.