Sponsored Satellite Program: Determinants of Healthy and Sustainable Diets
Sponsored By: Nestle
This activity was originally presented at NUTRITION 2022 LIVE ONLINE.
Nutritional sciences have been emerging from the study of nutrients and their functions to the role of dietary pattern and the impact on health as well as on the environment. The symposium intends to provide insights into the determinants for healthy diets derived from research and its translation into practice. In the interest of translating science into practice, we like to share as well latest research on emerging food technologies and the role for sustainable diets and the role portions and proportionality play in the context of a healthy diet. The last speaker will provide a perspective how scientific evidence is used and being generated for the application into science based innovations.
- Describe the evolution of nutritional sciences and how this influences dietary habits and guidance
- Explain emerging food technologies that lead to sustainable diets
- Illustrate examples of the translation of research findings into innovation
This Sponsored Satellite Program includes the following presentations:
- Introduction - Determinants of Healthy and Sustainable Diets (Sponsored Satellite Program)
- Advancing Research From Nutrients to Healthy Balanced Diets (Sponsored Satellite Program)
- New Food Technologies: An Opportunity to Provide Sustainable Healthy Diets (Sponsored Satellite Program)
- Managing Portions and Proportionality (Sponsored Satellite Program)
- How to Translate Science Into Innovation (Sponsored Satellite Program)
- Panel Discussion - Determinants of Healthy and Sustainable Diets (Sponsored Satellite Program)
Chair: Petra Klassen Wigger, PhD – Global Scientific Advisor Nutrition and Health , Nestlé Research and Development
Speaker: Michael J. Gibney, MA MSc PhD – Professor of Food and Health, University College Dublin
Speaker: Carmen I. Moraru, PhD – Professor and Chair, Department of Food Science, Cornell University
Speaker: Barbara J. Rolls, PhD – Professor and Helen A. Guthrie Chair in Nutritional Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University
Speaker: Ian A. Macdonald, PhD – Scientific Director Nestle Institute of Health Sciences, Nestle Research
- 1.50 Attendance
Learners are eligible to download a Certificate of Attendance upon activity completion. A Certificate of Attendance confirms the learner has completed the activity and does not confer any continuing education credit to the learner from ASN.